Practical matters

To request a death certificate

Contact the Department of Internal Affairs. They can give you information on:

  • Requesting a death certificate
  • Questions asked when registering a death, including how a death is registered.

Do you need to know what financial assistance may be available to you?

Financial assistance may be available to you when someone dies as a result of an accident, work-related disease, infection, medical treatment or suicide. In some circumstances, funeral costs will be covered by the Accident Compensation Corporation.

The Work and Income website offers a very wide range of information on financial support you may be able to receive. Use the links below (or the search function on the website) to quickly find information on the following:

Was your deceased spouse or partner a war veteran?

Find out here, about service cemeteries and spouse interments.

Do you wish to know where past family members have been buried?

To assist your funeral planing, you can find this out by searching the following databases:

Do you or others attending the funeral need local accommodation?

If you're visiting the area and need accommodation, we would suggest Green GablesThe Boulcott Lodge or the Angus Inn. Both provide suitable accommodation within close proximity to Croft Funeral Home.

Are you wanting catering options?

Valley Caterers and Chalet Caterers are both local to the area.


We recommend local company, Jacks Florist, for their beautiful floral arrangements.